This Youth-Focused Gender Analysis Toolkit provides the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) implementing partners (IPs) with guidance and tools to help ensure that youth- and/or gender-focused analyses during the start-up phases of economic-growth activities adequately capture the constraints and opportunities faced by young women.
The purpose of this toolkit is not to provide guidance on how to carry out an analysis, but to provide examples of best practices and links to tools that IPs can apply to ensure that information about young women’s needs, interests, challenges, and opportunities are adequately captured during the analysis process.
How to use this toolkit?
- This toolkit provides effective tips and links to tools for youth program implementers and USAID staff to apply when carrying out gender- and/or youth-focused analysis during the start-up phases for:
- Youth-specific economic-growth programming targeting female youth or male and female youth, and;\
- Youth-inclusive economic-growth programming targeting beneficiaries of different ages, including female youth or male and female youth.
- The toolkit:
- Introduces different frameworks and demonstrates how they can be consolidated;
- Presents a checklist for youth-focused gender analysis; and
- Provides descriptions of and links to 25 tools from USAID, IPs, and other donors that can be used to carry out or supplement youth-focused gender analysis.