The toolkit is part of the pilot project called a Toolkit on Eliminating Violence Against Women and Girls with Disabilities in Fiji. The project is a joint partnership between the Fiji Disabled Peoples Federation and Pacific Disability Forum, supported by financial and technical assistance from UN Women, with primary funding from Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- To enable trainers of the toolkit to explore their own perceptions of violence against women and women and girls with disabilities.
- To raise awareness with participants on Violence Against Women using the Human Rights approach building from Power and Privilege and Gender Relations
- Enable participants to acknowledge the barriers faced by women and girls with disabilities that experience violence
- Mobilize participants to see how they can assist in the elimination of Violence Against Women
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
This toolkit contains 5 modules with facilitator notes, additional information and worksheets to run the sessions. It also contains a number of checklists that can be used in program assessment and planning for disability inclusion:
- Module 1: Human Rights
- Module 2: What is Disability?
- Module 3: Gender
- Module 4: Violence against women and girls with disabilities
- Module 5: Action planning for inclusion
This toolkit provides background information on:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- gender, human rights and violence against women and girls
- violence against women and girls with disabilities and the difficulties faced by women and girls with disabilities in accessing services including but not limited to justice, counselling, and participation in community-based EVAW activities
This toolkit is based on information gathered by a number of DPOs on the experiences of women and girls with disabilities in relation to violence. The research looked at the barriers women with disabilities faced in reporting violence, seeking medical assistance and seeking support such as counselling. It was found that, in common with other communities around the world, women and girls with disabilities in Fiji face increased vulnerabilities to violence and additional barriers in accessing services. The toolkit addresses these issues, taking into account other key sources of information about violence against women and girls with disabilities in the Pacific.
Users of the Toolkit
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- This resource provides a set of tools for organisations working in the area of ending violence against women and girls and Disabled Persons Organisations (DPOs) when addressing violence against women and girls with disabilities in their work.
- EVAW organisations in Fiji are encouraged to work in partnership with Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) in using the toolkit when undertaking training activities in eliminating violence against women and girls with disabilities.