The Malaria Control in School Toolkit has been developed to provide policymakers, health and educational professionals, researchers, donors, and NGOs in implementing country-led school malaria programmes.
The toolkit contains instructions for programme planning and assistance in:
- Arguing the importance of an education sector response to malaria
- Understand the benefits of controlling malaria in schools
- Determine appropriate interventions to combat malaria in schools
- Realize key aspects in developing malaria school programmes
- Plan a national strategy to control malaria in schools
- Formulate a malaria component to be incorporated into a wider school health programme
This toolkit will help users to understand why the education sector should respond to malaria; the benefits of controlling malaria in schools; the appropriate malaria interventions which can be delivered through schools; examples of promising practice at scale; the key issues in developing a school malaria programme; how to formulate a national Malaria Control in Schools strategy; and how to design a malaria component of a wider school health programme.