‘Protecting Adolescents from Gender Based Violence through the Promotion of their Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights’ is a three-year project launched by Save the Children aimed to raise awareness and enhance protection of children and adolescents (10-17 years old) in the MENA region from gender based violence (early marriage, FGM and sexual abuse) through promoting their right to Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) in three target countries: Lebanon, the Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt) and Yemen. This User Guide provides guidance on how to use the Module.
This kit on the rights of children and adolescents to reproductive and sexual health aims to provide guides and tools for facilitators to help them:
- Increase awareness of the importance of sex and reproductive education for children and adolescents by linking it to the rights of the child.
- Provide the necessary knowledge for enhancing the safety and sexual and reproductive health of children and adolescents and avoid the risks that threaten their health.
- Enhance positive attitudes and sound skills relating to sexual and reproductive health among children and adolescents.
The kit is designed in the form of five application guides:
- The Information Guide, aimed to aid the facilitator;
- The Activities Guide for children age 10-13;
- The Activities Guide for adolescents age 14-17;
- The Activities Guide for parents;
- The Activities Guide for service providers.
Every guide is divided into 4 interdependent units: Unit One is an Introduction to Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights; Unit Two: “Puberty – Our Growing Bodies”, Unit Three: “Personal Hygiene”; and Unit 4: “Puberty – Psychosocial changes and life skills”.