A Free Toolkit for Youth from Youth on Addressing Corruption in Education was developed in the framework of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Europe & Eurasia Social Legacy Program (E&E SLP).
It is intended to serve as an educational tool, providing information and resources for the design and implementation of activities to promote transparency in education. It was developed for individuals and institutions, particularly youth-led and youth-oriented nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).
The Toolkit includes three modules:
- Module I is a general outline of the nature and scope of the problem of corruption in education.
- Module II outlines concrete strategies for promoting transparency and was designed for use by NGOs and youth organizations.
- Module III consists of best practice case studies from the E&E SLP experience.
Factors that Promote Corruption
- Economic Pressure
- Lack of Transparency
- Socio-Cultural Norms and Traditions
- Lacking or Unethical Oversight
- Lack of Ownership
- Cynicism and Lack of Motivation