This toolkit aims to help organisations and activists to strengthen their use of ICTs to help build movements that challenge inequality and put women’s voices and experiences front and center in their communications.
The toolkit assist activists to think through their communication strategies in a way that supports movement building. It offers a practical guide to writing a communication strategy and reviews a number of tools (ICTs) and technology-related campaigns which can be used in organising work.
This toolkit can help applicant if they want to:
- experiment and be creative in the way applicant communicate
- think about how communications can help us to build movements for social justice
- develop a feminist communication strategy for their organisation that amplifies women’s voices and supports them to tell their own stories
- think about which ICTs to use and when
- adopt a feminist approach to their use and understanding of ICTs
- communicate in ways that challenge gender stereotypes
- think through safety and security concerns that women activists face when using technology
- understand how power works in design, governance and access to ICTs and challenge inequality in their world
- design a workshop for their organisation on ICTs and communications