The aim of this handbook is to help non-governmental organizations (NGOs), service providers and community development organizations to put human rights based approaches (HRBA) into practice. The handbook focuses on the principles of HRBA and how they can be used in organizational development, service provision, lobbying and communications. It aims to be a practical resource for organizations working on a wide range of issues.
It is for Irish voluntary and community sector organizations which have a basic knowledge of, or interest in, human rights based approaches and want to apply them in their organizations. It should be viewed as a starting point in the process of applying HRBA, rather than a complete guide to becoming an HRBA organization.
What You Will Find In The Handbook
- Practical information and ideas on implementing HRBA
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Case studies describing how groups have implemented HRBA
- Pullout sheets with information and exercises.
- Details of where to find further information and useful contacts