The toolkit was developed in collaboration between the NTDs NGO Network WASH Working Group and the World Health Organization, drawing on the experience of member organizations and country NTD programmes. It draws on tools and practices used in the delivery of coordinated and integrated programmes for the control and elimination of neglected tropical diseases.
This toolkit provides step-by-step guidance to NTD programme managers and partners on how to engage and work collaboratively with the WASH community to improve delivery of water, sanitation and hygiene services to the underserved population affected by many neglected tropical diseases. The toolkit is based on real-life programme experience, which users can match their needs and local context. The toolkit will help you:
- Build multisectoral partnerships with key stakeholders: ministries, national and local WASH agencies, corporates, local health groups, behaviour change and communication experts, etc.
- Shape smart programme structures focused on accountability and shared goals.
- Build an adaptive and flexible approach to programming.
- Ensure sustainability by building local capacity at every level.
- Support and complement clinical and public health interventions for NTD control.
How to use it?
- As a step by step planning guide.
- As a checklist to ensure that your planning process is on the right
- As a reference document to refresh your knowledge on planning and on WASH and NTDs.
- To engage non-NTD partners in planning and delivery.