The Guide to Coorperation among the Ombusman, Children and Civil Society Organizations is perceived as a guiding and suggesting document
that will help Ombusman Office to enhance its cooperation with children and the civil society in Albania.
This guide aims at enhancing cooperation among the Ombusman Office, children and civil society. This document has been designed in the framework of the inter-institutional agreement between Save the Children and the Ombusman Office, and is part of the “By Children for Children” project, funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency.
This guide aims to:
- protect and promote the rights of the child.
- prevent any violation of the rights of the child.
- stimulate the promotion of the best practices for child rights field.
- strengthen the cooperation between children and the civil society regarding child rights protection and promotion.
This document draws on principles and standards that focus on values that promote the rights of the child, such as:
- Every child has the right to have their best interests as a priority.
- Every child has the right to be treated fairly and equally, without being discriminated.
- Every child has the right to freely express his/her viewpoint and be heard.
- Every child has the right to be protected from abuse, exploitation and violence.
- Every child has the right to be treated with dignity and sympathy.
- Respect for guarantee and protective measures.
- Prevention of confl ict with the law as a crucial element for any childfriendly justice system policy
Through the Section for Child Rights Protection and Promotion, the Ombusman exercises the following competences in children’s rights field:
- Addressing/reviewing individual complaints related to the non-observance or violation of child rights.
- Identifying and highlighting unlawful or improper actions or failure to act on the part of public administration bodies, which directly affect children.
- Studying the legislation with the aim of making further improvement related to child rights observance and protection.
- Promoting awareness and respect towards child rights.
- Preparing reports with regard to issues of respective authorities.
- Submitting recommend.