This toolkit is designed to guide and equip the GFF civil society (CS) and youth constituency to meaningfully and effectively engage in the GFF resource mobilization campaign in support of the Case for Investment.
The toolkit provides a suite of tips and illustrative examples to adapt and or learn from to support the various global and local events and other critical parts of this campaign.
The Global Civil Society Coordinating Group (CSCG) for the Global Financing Facility (GFF) would like to acknowledge civil society (CS) and youth for the important role they play in both advocacy and accountability, driving progress in line with vital country needs. This toolkit was developed from CS and youth documentation, including case studies and reports, as well as consultation on the CS statement of support for the resource mobilization effort. The GFF Secretariat, the CS and youth Investors Group representatives, and Global Health Visions (GHV) also provided important support in developing this toolkit for use during the GFF resource mobilization effort.
Alongside this resource mobilization target, CS and youth further commit to working with the GFF, country governments, donors, and other partners to realize a collective vision for success, which includes the following:
- Effective, inclusive multi-stakeholder country platforms (MCPs)
- Robust, transparent data/information sharing and accountability
- Sustained, increased efficient domestic resources for health
- Gender-transformative approaches
- Effective, meaningful CS and youth engagement
To realize these important goals, the full constituency of CS and youth engaging, particularly in GFF countries, are called upon to:
- Advocate to GFF country governments and donor countries to commit the USD 1.2 billion by the end of 2021;
Coordinate and elevate voices of the constituency to share lived experience in support of the resource mobilization campaign at national, regional, and global levels;
- Serve as and mobilize champion speakers in support of donor and domestic resource mobilization efforts;
- Synthesize and share country evidence, lessons, and on-the-ground realities to ensure the GFF and partners continue to learn and improve, in alignment with best practices and response to community needs; and
- Drive monitoring and accountability in countries, including budget tracking, to ensure that resources are disbursed and utilized effectively, and reach communities with the greatest needs supporting the journey towards self-reliance.
This toolkit provides illustrative examples and advocacy best practices to complement other constituency practices to facilitate effective engagement.