The level of programming has progressively become more complex and technically advanced over time for USAID Title II-funded food security programming. This toolkit helps address some of the key questions related to the programming areas of design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Produce a Food Security Program Life Cycle Toolkit;
- Conduct training of trainers events in FHI Title II fields in the use of the toolkit; and
- Monitor field replication of training/use of the toolkit and conduct additional workshops on
In summary, FH food security programs should be characterized, at a minimum, by program designs and results which:
- Increase food availability and access;
- Improve food utilization;
- Enhance the ability of individuals, households
andcommunities to cope with shocks in order to reduce their vulnerability;
- Incorporate and embrace community leaders in all aspects of program planning and implementation; leave community leaders well equipped to effectively lead transformational efforts within their communities;
- Strengthen nuclear and extended families, equipping them so that they can better provide for physical, social, mental and spiritual needs of their children,
- Provide development and relief assistance without discrimination based on
- religion, race, gender or nationality;
- Honor local churches and strengthen their roles within communities to meet physical, social, mental and spiritual needs;
- Seek to understand and effectively address underlying spiritually-based causes of food insecurity;
- Advance the biblical concept of shalom within the communities in which they serve; and
- Demonstrate impact (transformation) at both the individual and community levels.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.