‘Protecting Adolescents from Gender Based Violence through the Promotion of their Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights’ is a three-year project launched by Save the Children that aims to raise awareness and enhance protection of children and adolescents (10-17 years old) in the MENA region from gender based violence (early marriage, FGM and sexual abuse) through promoting their right to Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) in three target countries: Lebanon, the Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt) and Yemen.
This guide offers the principle information on sexual reproductive health themes for adolescents and children and related rights that you need to implement work sessions with children, parents and service providers. Therefore, it serves you as a scientific reference that you base upon to reinforce your knowledge of the addressed subjects during work sessions.
The guide includes the main messages and information related to the subjects of the package, which you need during your work to implement the package activities. You can benefit from it to prepare PowerPoint slides or any other tools that you need to develop.
It targets trainers to work with 4 groups with exercises in order to:
- Increase awareness of the importance of sex and reproductive education for children and adolescents by linking it to the rights of the child;
- Provide the necessary knowledge for enhancing the safety and sexual and reproductive health of children and adolescents and avoid the risks that threaten their health;
- Enhance positive attitudes and sound skills relating to sexual and reproductive health among children and adolescents.
The guide is divided into four interconnected and interrelated units:
- Unit one: entrance to the healthy, sexual and reproductive rights
- Unit two: adolescence phase- the growing bodies
- Unit three: personal hygiene
- Unit four: adolescence phase- the social and psychical changes and life skills